Sorry, this job has expired.
Kansas City, MO
The KCMO Public Works Department is now hiring an Equipment Operator to work full-time for the Operations Division-District 3.
• 6 months of experience in the operation of trucks and other specialized automotive equipment required.
• Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license in accordance with City of KCMO policies.
• Must possess a valid MO Class A, B or C CDL prior to the end of the probationary period as determined by the department.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and post-offer physical examination as prescribed by the City.
• Operate trucks on road maintenance and street repair work hauling cold patch, hot asphalt, gravel, rocks, and abrasives.
• Drive trucks in transporting personnel and materials to designated work sites.
• Drive a truck engaged in street-cleaning activities.
• Participate in snow plowing/removal operations.
• Drive a truck with a flatbed trailer for hauling construction equipment.
• Drive construction equipment on/off lo-boy units.
• Operate a large construction tractor or crawler-type bulldozer in pulling a sheep's foot compacting street and road sub-grades. • Operate medium grade tractors in the mowing of grass, parks, and vacant lots.
• Operate chainsaws in the cutting of tree branches and limbs. • Operate spray equipment in conjunction with pesticide operations.
• Operate a heavy power-driven roller in patching and ironing asphalt street surfaces.
• Operate a front-end loader up to 2-1/2 cubic yards in loading sweeper piles, broken pipe, dirt, rocks, and debris.
• Lead helper who assists in loading operations.
• Operate a backhoe/excavator in trenching, filling or other minor excavation.
• Carefully plan and execute work to avoid damage to underground pipes and cables.
• Make field repairs to equipment, and as necessary, assist machinists and mechanics on major repairs.
• Service assigned equipment with fuel, oil, water, grease.
• Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4pm.
The City of Kansas City, Mo., is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.